Time to Grow
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
Because the Lord has anointed me
To bring good news to the afflicted;
He has sent me to bind up the broken hearted,
To proclaim liberty to captives
And freedom to prisoners;
To proclaim the favourable year of the Lord
Isaiah 61 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
- Our primary mission is to reach the un-churched with the message that Jesus loves them and want to save them from their sin wherever we find them.
- Then it is to use our Holy Spirit given resources to meet the needs we encounter. To partner with the living God and see His Kingdom come. Sometimes it might be the other way around, needs first, salvation next.
- HCS is seeking to join “The Evangelical Alliance” https://www.eauk.org/ application is under way.
- Sunday Morning breakfast: a) looking for more helpers with shopping and preparation b) continental rather than cooked sometimes. Work load needs to be spread more while still assuring food hygiene standards are met.
- Public liability insurance will need revising as we get bigger.
- Sunday milk of the word; Mid Week the meat of the word. Sunday is when you can invite guests.
- Sunday will contain: Bible, prayer, contemporary worship, ministry and the operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Sunday will be; powerful, participative, life changing, bring freedom, and show generousity.
- Worship leaders and musicians must be worshippers themselves.
- Leading worship will be by multiple people following the example of Levi.
- For now iSing Worship will still be used as backing until we have a bigger worship band.
- Sound, Audio, computers, video are an important part of the team.
- We look for excellence and must not be constrained by time.
- Sunday Morning; Meeting Jesus and changing lives. Worship, Word, Witness, and Holy Spirit given Ministry
- Shared opportunity to bring the teaching/word so sign up sheets are available.
- Guest Services designed for the un-churched.
- Guest Speakers
- Themes for the coming weeks: Songs of Ascent: Discipleship, Naturally Supernatural, Building the kingdom
- Mid week. Night to be determined, poorly attended on occasions why? Feedback please.
- Themes for the coming weeks: Feasts – the seven main feast, how they show Jesus, apply to us and their prophetic nature of the end times. Spirit Filled Christian Living – a look at Ephesians.
- Books:A Long Obedience in the Same Direction
By Eugene H. Peterson (Kindle only right now.) This covers the songs of ascent.
- Books: Everyday Supernatural: Living a Spirit-Led Life Without Being Weird
- Books: Celebrating Jesus in the Biblical Feasts Expanded Edition
- Books: Paul for Everyone: The Prison Letters, Ephesians …
Tom Wright and the For Everyone Bible Study Guides: Ephesians
- Prayer App “Echo Prayer” available on Android and Apple. We will use GROUPS rather than FEEDS as groups are free but there is a charge for feeds once the number of people following get to a certain point. https://new.echoprayer.com/
- Time to grow. Harvest is actively investigating a new venue as we are getting to big for the Scout Hut. A potential opportunity has been identified but some more work needs to be done before we make any move public.
- On the streets: Prayer walks, homeless, support the food bank, prayer point (prayer for permissions), soup
- Take the lead and invite others to join in.
- A new banner flag has been looked at but not ordered. Easy to transport, wind resistant, self contained.